Saturday, 4 February 2012

This Is It (Dance Aspect)

               As I'm watching genius Michael Jackson's This Is It, I am in total awe. As much as I'd like to say that I'm smothered by his artistic beauty or his musical talent, I'm honestly just absolutely in LOVE with his dancers. 
               As a dancer myself (not professional but recreational), I can really see the talent that they have. I mean they are amazing! I envy them with every pore of my body. They do all styles. From pop to krump to plain robot awesomeness. I mean damn I thought I was good at popping and locking but these guys put me to shame.
               But it's cool 'cause I'm still just a kid. I've got time to learn... but I'll never have the chance to dance with the man. The Legend. Can you imagine? They had over 600 dancers audition. Would you believe if you were one of the 11 they chose? I think I would die. I would melt on the spot. The janitor would have to come and clean up the little puddle of me on the stage.


               As a side note, I'm not the BIGGEST Michael Jackson fan on the planet but I do really like his music. Right now he's singing one of my favourites: They Don't Really Care About Us
               Also the director of that movie is Kenny Ortega, director of the High School Musical series. I don't know why I mentioned this, I am well aware that it isn't relevant but I felt as though that should be out there :)

               By the way, there were only two girls chosen as his backup. Wait no before I continue with this I just want to say something about the audition. All the girls are dressed basically in their underwear. WTH?! I know that the job is about looks and stuff but come on! Wouldn't it be cooler to stand out? That's what I would have done. I'd show up in joggers, a tee-shirt and a pair of Converse. That's another thing. During the entire movie the two girls always had to wear heels. Why? The guys got to wear running shoes! Wouldn't that have been more practical? Mind you it does make them look different and makes them stand out... But you have to realise that being one of the only two girls makes you stand out enough. Now back to the two girls thing. After thinking about it some more, well I realise I don't really care that much. But it is interesting to note that one does a 'cameo' with Mr. Jackson on the song The Way You Make Me Feel, while the other gets, well, nothing. No hate and I'm happy for the girl who got the cameo and I think they're both great dancers but yeah that kinda sucks for the blond chick.

               I'm pretty much finished. Um... do I have anything else to say. Oh yeah! If someone could tell me the name of the blond dancer (not the girl)? I've looked everywhere for his name but I can't find it... He's the blond one with spiky hair. Oh my god I find him such a good dancer.

           Just another thought from me
                                    -Kimzy

No comments:

Post a Comment