Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Smart?

I realise that I haven't posted in two weeks... Sorry but I had the blog assignment and doing more than 5 blogs a week was too much... But I don't have to apologize to you! I'm master of my own life!

Okay so I'm in class again: We've been given a lot of free time now because its almost spring break (YAY!) So this being the case, I have my class mates around me: I'm actually sitting next to this guy I walk home with. I want to talk about that a bit.

So I don't really want to name names but this kid is about a 75 average... But he's a GENIUS!

Anyway so just the other day I was walking with him right? And I don't really know why but I asked him

 "Dude your smart... Why don't you ever do your homework? I mean you understand it and it would boost your grades up..."

And he told me the weirdest thing... And it really made me think:

 "I don't see the point. You only need a 70 to pass college. Look at it this way: Let's say you made a cure to cancer. But then you spend an extra three hours making it taste good. What's the point?"


After laughing I realised that he was kind of right...But I honestly still think that we, as humans, want to help each other. We want to do things! We need to; that's how we are. Our brains are hard-wired to want to get things done. To help each other when we are in need, to keep our world functioning. And to do a lot of these things takes power: Power often stems from knowledge.

And that's all I really wanted to say :)

Another thought about philosophy,
-Kimzy

No comments:

Post a Comment